Stop Child Predators brings together an influential team of policy experts and community leaders with the real-world experience and a track record of proven results to achieve these goals. Numerous organizations and individuals across the country are motivated by the shared goal of protecting children and holding their victimizers accountable. Stop Child Predators seeks to harness their work and expertise by making one concerted effort to produce meaningful and immediate results. Stop Child Predators will help:
- Parents of child victims to tell their stories
- Law enforcement advocates to develop solutions
- Decision makers to find stronger and more effective policies
Through outreach, education, and advocacy, Stop Child Predators is dedicated to advancing three goals in every state across the USA:
- Penalty enhancements - Under current federal law, and in many states, offenders convicted of aggravated sexual abuse, abusive sexual contact, or sexual exploitation against children may not face imprisonment. Stop Child Predators is working with lawmakers and law enforcement to establish penalty enhancements for those found guilty of committing sexual offenses against children.
- Integrated nationwide sex offender registry - twenty three states have lost track of between 10% and 50% of their sex offenders. Stop Child Predators is committed to promoting an efficient and seamless integrated nationwide sex offender registry that is easily accessible to all communities.
- Victims' representation - Stop Child Predators believes strongly in protecting the rights of and providing a voice for all victims. Victims and their families should not only be heard during the sentencing of child predators, they should also be notified prior to the offender's release into the community.